Some Important Questions to ask your Supplier or Fitter…
We appreciate that the fitting of an elevating roof will often be the biggest investment you will make after the purchase of your base van. So before deciding on a manufacturer & parting with your hard earned funds, we believe there are 30 or more questions you should be asking.
Simply print off the handy PDF document here and take it with you to the shows or whenever conducting your research.
Remember, the HiLo really does tick all the boxes – can the others?!
1. Lowest roof profile physically possible from the side (just 15mm) when closed?
2. Rear lift of over 0.5m for comfort whichever way round you choose to sleep?
3. Over 6’2″ of headspace the full walking length of your van with roof raised?
4. Designed & strengthened to not bend/ sag & avoid collection of standing water?
5. Hidden rain water drain tubes in all 4 corners?
6. Choice of Front lift (0.9 to 1.4m) for maximum standing/ changing room height?
7. Can a mattress live permanently between the bed base & GRP ‘lid’ when closed?
8. Can the lid be insulated for maximum sound proofing & hot/ cold temperature retention?
9. Has need for unsightly rubber seal all around roof been completely designed out?
10. Is roof designed around a single piece, solid, 6mm thick safety frame – in-vehicle crash tested to EC Directive 76/115/EC?
11. Supplied with full 5 year warranty on all hardware within the roof package?
12. Is lid a faithful external reproduction of your original T5 roof – with every bolt/ seal/ hinge/ fixing hidden from view?
13. Five-point “drive & forget” lock-down system instead of traditional tie-downs?
14. Has need for a lumpy front “pod” been eradicated? Neat spoiler instead?
15. Is roof very light & easy to pull down, while still being immensely strong?
16. Triple-zipped windows (option of clear/ mesh/ fully open) supplied as standard?
17. In-built mechanism to prevent rear hinges “pinching” canvas when lowering roof?
18. Sliding camera-laptop workstation that also keeps all canvas neatly stowed?
19. Canvas made from highest performance, water-proofed marine grade material?
20. Gas struts positioned to give a clear, unobstructed view out of both side windows?
21. Is a 2-berth, self-raising/ easy pull-down, bed supplied as standard?
22. Can canvas be supplied in a choice of 16 matching/ contrasting colours?
23. Fitted roof awarded a Green Patent, having zero effect on aerodynamics/ MPG?
24. Is roof reinforced all along its length to accept all conventional roof rail systems?
25. Is any roof framework fully galvanised to protect against rust once installed?
26. If roof is supplied as a kit, is it a pre-assembled “cassette” for simple installation?
27. Was roof designed from a clean sheet to look & work better than anything else on the market, in every single way? Continually developed since to ensure it remains so?
28. Has usable sleeping area been maximised to give a huge 2900mm (L) x 1130mm (W) in a LWB & 2500mm (L) x 1130mm (W) in a SWB?
29. Have the very highest quality of components really been used throughout?
30. Can canvas front & sides be zipped-out/ folded back for full panoramic viewing..??